Sunday, January 31, 2016

Welcome to February!

We are all settling into 3rd Quarter! I'm glad to be blogging again. I was shut out for a few weeks due to some site confusion, but now I'm back!  Coming home on Monday is the results from the first standardized tests the students in 2nd grade have ever taken complete with bubble sheets. I am proud of the effort everyone made. Our scores for the most part were strong, but we can be even better. I'm looking forward to the 2nd half of this year. This class is really turning into a group of leaders.

Saturday school was a huge success. We had a great time and made headway reviewing for our Math test on Monday and exploring Language Arts in a small group. There may have been a few cookies involved!

Coming soon is a meeting detailing what BYOD (bring your own device) can mean in our classroom. I will post the date of the meeting sometime this week.

We are finishing up our unit on money this week and moving into "Shapes" as we explore geometry.

I want to encourage everyone to do a thorough job on their homework so they continue to improve and meet their end of year goal.

Ask your child about "Enterprise Day". Our Social Studies unit will focus on economics this quarter. Some Dojo points will be converted to class dollars to spend at the "fair".  Everyone will make items to be sold on that day and will have to decide on a price they will charge. They will also "purchase" items others have made. It is always a great time. I'll send more complete information soon.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment